Simple Quilts for the Modern Home – Available for Pre-Order (will ship late January/early February)
By Stephanie Soebbing, creator of Quilt Addicts Anonymous
Bright, fun, and simple-to-stitch quilts for beginning sewers – and everyone who loves modern style
At last, a book that teaches beginner quilters simple techniques to create successful quilts that reflect today’s tastes for bold colors and prints, high contrast, and expansive use of negative space. Contemporary style in quilts is inspired by modern design, which uses color, composition, and contrast to create a bold look.
Simple Quilts for the Modern Home provides all the how-to a beginner needs to know to cut, piece, and finish each quilt. Each project is an opportunity to utilize a new skill, like strip piecing, using fusible appliqué, and cutting at a 45-degree angle. The results are fresh, bold, and contemporary quilts that will appeal to quiltmakers of all skill levels.
Inside Simple Quilts for the Modern Home:
– 12 projects ranging from lap to king-sized quilts
– Build skills with step-by-step instruction and tips on piecing, hand or machine appliqué and quilting, and finishing
– From “Piecing 101” to appliqué to finishing, the basic steps to create a quilt are thoroughly explained and illustrated
– Color theory, fabric selection, and elements of design all clearly explained
– On trend with projects that modernize traditional blocks, embrace minimalism, and rely on bold colors and contrast