Use the fabrics you love - finish every quilt you start • New ideas for creating color-splashed quilts with modern panache • Designs look more complex than they really are…easy piecing and colorful fabric do all the work • Rich jewel tones juxtaposed with cool neutrals will make these projects pop! The masterminds behind Blue Underground Studios, Amy Walsh and Janine Burke bring you ten colorful, new quilt projects that are perfect for your cherished scraps, a new collection of fat quarters, or just a wild mash-up of your favorite prints and batiks. Each design includes fabric requirements and cutting instructions for multiple quilt sizes. #P10805 76p color PDF ISBN: 978-1-60705-616-4 (eISBN: 978-1-60705-616-4)
Create stunning hexagon quilts and so much more--without Y-seams or hand sewing. Sound impossible? Expert quilter Jen Eskridge makes it easy with a quick facing technique, a great alternative to English paper piecing. Learn to use hexagons two ways: appliqued onto a background or stitched together without a background for a two-sided quilt.
- Select from 15 clever projects in a huge variety of sizes, from large quilts to pillows, wall hangings, table runners, pot holders, and more
- Stitch hexagons easily and accurately by machine; learn a handy way to make hexagons of any size
- Find patterns for 18 different 15" x 15" blocks that showcase hexagons, plus numerous motifs for quilting the designs
Dazzle your friends with a Kaleidoscope quilt! Each sparkling paper-pieced quilt pattern features eight shapes that come together to form a single, wonderfully unique block.
- Choose from 10 all-new paper-piecing designs that convey energy and movement
- Make beautiful, complex-looking quilts by following clear, step-by-step illustrated instructions by best-selling author Nancy Mahoney
- Achieve great results, right down to those narrow little points
Discover endless creative techniques for working with kraft·tex, including stitching, embossing, painting, dyeing, embellishing, inkjet printing, washing, distressing, weaving, burning, die-cutting - combine methods for stunning results • Projects include home decor, bags, and accessories from 18 well-known contributors, including Jen Carlton Bailly, Carrie Bloomston (SUCH Designs), Rachel Gander (Imagine Gnats), Michelle Jensen (Mixi Heart), Maryellen Kim (Twist Style), Cheryl Kuczek (Paradiso Designs), Karen LePage (One Girl Circus), Nicole Mallalieu (YOU SEW GIRL!), Caro Sheridan (Splityarn), Alyssa Thomas (Penguin & Fish), and Annabel Wrigley (Little Pincushion Studio) • Filled with imaginative ideas to kick-start your kraft·tex creativity; you’ll want to make every project in the book Learn how to create with kraft·tex™, the rugged paper that looks, feels, and wears like leather; sews, cuts, and washes just like fabric. Today’s top designers come together to show you how to work with this exciting new material in this how-to book. Packed with inventive techniques anyone can master!
In this amazingly diverse collection, a bevy of talented quilting bloggers present appealing baby-quilt designs for sewists and quilters of all skill levels. Designers include Amy Smart, Audrie Bidwell, Carolyn Friedlander, Carrie Bloomston, Dana Bolyard, Jake Finch, Jen Eskridge, Lindsey Rhodes, Melissa Corry, Pippa Eccles Armbrester, Sarah Flynn, Shea Henderson, and Victoria Findlay Wolfe.
- Showcase bright, bold solids and modern fabrics--perfect for stimulating Baby's senses
- Choose from 14 small quilts that can be easily completed in time for the baby shower
- Rely on clear instructions and illustrations for each inviting design
You'll be inspired by the work of these stars from the blogging universe, all of whom are innovative quiltmakers.
- Discover 19 beautifully unique quilts with a modern aesthetic
- Play with ideas such as negative space, purposeful imperfections, and improvisational piecing
- Enjoy the featured bloggers' musings on modern quilting, their personal design process, and their blogs
The only travel guide that lists all US fiber & fabric shops (quilt, yarn, needlepoint, cross-stitch, embroidery, spinning and weaving). Now you can find all your favorite shops in one compact 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" guide. Includes over 5,000 shops, complete with state maps and detailed listings by city.
Shake up your Log Cabin with a 60° ruler! Best-selling authors Marci Baker and Sara Nephew are back with a new slant on the classic Log Cabin. This updated second edition includes 6 amazing new patterns, for a total of 40 projects! Use the 10" Clearview Triangle ruler, also sold by C&T Publishing for fast and easy cutting. A robust "design your own" section with setting shapes, alternate blocks, and border options will help you uncover infinite possibilities. This fully illustrated guide includes easy-to-use troubleshooting tips and detailed material lists for all the quilts. • 40 projects from best-selling authors Marci Baker and Sara Nephew • For fast and easy cutting use 10" Clearview Triangle ruler, also sold by C&T Pubishing • "You can design it" section with tips to inspire your own creations #11161 136p color 8.5 x 11 ISBN: 978-1-61745-229-1 UPC: 734817-111610 (eISBN: 978-1-61745-230-7)
Mickey Depre presents 10 new designs for creating one of a kind hexagon quilts. Also included are precise, easy to follow instructions for her unique method of English paper piecing.
Create quilts with simple designs, strong lines, and a modern aesthetic. With this innovative collection, popular blogger and designer Julie Herman, the owner of Jaybird Quilts, inspires you to create stunning quilts--without borders!
- Choose from 15 easy quilt patterns where design is the star and fabric is the supporting actor
- Learn the structure of a borderless quilt; explore various bindings and their effect on the overall look
- See what can be done when color is used in bold ways to support a borderless quilt design
Pippa Eccles Armbrester is a creative designer whose vibrant patterns make outstanding use of bold colors and simple shapes. You'll love her relaxed approach as she balances technique with improvisation--with color-saturated, eye-popping results!
- Enjoy 16 innovative designs featuring bright solid fabrics stitched into bold geometric motifs
- Use appliqué and other techniques to create practical items from bed quilts to pillows, place mats, and table runners
- Make quick projects that are ideal for gifts and for using up your scraps
Now you can put every scrap to use--even those trimmed-off corner pieces--with this terrific assortment of eye-catching projects. Kari M. Carr, a "recycled Home-Ec teacher," shows how.
- Choose from six fun quilt patterns, each with a bonus project (such as a wall hanging, pin cushion, or lap quilt) for a total of 12 unique designs
- Discover a great system for using up leftovers and getting the most out of your precious quilt fabrics
- Sew perfect diagonal seams without marking by using the optional Clearly Perfect Angles tool