Patchwork T-Shirt Quilts: The Fabric-Lover’s Approach to Quilting Keepsakes and Preserving Memories by Amelia Johanson.
Explore fun, inventive projects that go beyond the traditional T-shirt quilt!
- Refreshing approach to making unique and modern quilting projects that go beyond simply lining up tee logos into a grid pattern and sewing them together
- 14 step-by-step projects and patterns for colorful quilts, wall hangings, pillows, and bags
- Quilting basics, tools, materials, patchwork technique tutorials, and more covered in detailed opening sections
- Beginner-friendly blocks and settings make projects approachable even for someone with limited sewing skills and a few cherished t-shirts
- QR codes linking to video tutorials for helpful techniques like stabilizing the shirts, machine-sewing, and making blocks
Using sentimental tees in your quilting and sewing projects is the perfect way to repurpose treasured memories, souvenirs, and keepsakes. But if you’re looking for interesting projects that go beyond a traditional T-shirt quilt, this book is for you!
Patchwork T-Shirt Quilts is an inspiring guide that thinks outside the box when it comes to T-shirt quilts. Featuring patchwork-friendly ideas that offer more design interest and an approach that lets you play with coordinating prints, this quilt book includes 14 step-by-step projects and patterns for pillows, tote bags, and quilts — all in varying sizes. Detailed, easy-to-follow instructions, materials and cutting lists, and helpful step-by-step diagrams are provided with each project.
Also included are skill-building tutorials on working with T-shirts, quilting basics, patchwork techniques, and other helpful overviews for quilters of all experience levels. The extensive tools and techniques sections are great for beginner quilters and offer a useful refresher course for those with quilting experience.
These easy-to-sew designs combine T-shirts with beginner-friendly blocks and settings to give T-shirt quilts more design interest without being too difficult to make. Beginner quilters and sewists, patchwork quilters, and crafters can all quilt keepsakes and preserve memories while playing with other coordinating fabrics for endless variations.
Amelia Johanson, author of Pocket Guide to Fasteners and a licensed Martha Pullen instructor, provides tons of thoughtful and modern projects, as well as expert guidance and project contributions by today’s leading quilt artists, including Stephanie Soebbing, Jill Nelson, Sherilyn Mortensen, Olesya Lebedenko, Kristin La Flamme, and Jane Haworth, for an absolutely must-have guide to T-shirt quilting.
Discover a new approach to t-shirt quilts, with opportunities for more design interest, creativity, and play, inside Patchwork T-Shirt Quilts!