Tourist Tote – 10 a.m. Saturday, June 15 2019
Get an intro to bag making and sewing with cork in the Tourist Tote class with Stephanie Soebbing. You will leave with a finished, or mostly finished bag. We’ll cover how to use interfacing, sew with thicker fabrics like canvas and cork, create even stitching lines for a more professional look.
The Tourist Tote bag pattern by Sew Many Creations is the perfect beginner bag pattern. With just a few pieces to sew together, it is a great starter project. And it is BIG, so you can easily tote around all your goodies this summer. Stephanie uses hers to carry around knitting projects and anything and everything her daughter needs.
There is homework for this class. You need to come to class with your bag pieces cut. If you need help with that step, please come to an open sew on any Friday from noon to 8 p.m. with your materials and we would be happy to help.
- Tourist Tote pattern
- 1/3 yard cotton fabric for the outside top (quilting cotton and canvas work great for this)
- 1/4 yard cotton fabric for the outside bottom (quilting cotton, canvas and cork work great for this)
- 1/4 yard cotton fabric for the handles (quilting cotton and canvas work great for this)
- 1/2 yard cotton fabric for the lining (quilting cotton works great for this)
- 1 1/4 yards Pellon Decor Bond 44″ Fusible Interfacing
- Sewing machine with quarter-inch foot (one with a stitch guide is best)
This class is held at Quilt Addicts Anonymous, 1232 30th St., Rock Island, IL. You must purchase the class in order to sign up. Since space is limited, cancellations made within 48 hours of the class will not be refunded.